ASG Recycling Machinery’s PE film washing line is the ideal solution for your plastic film recycling needs. This fully automated washing line takes plastic PP / PE films (polypropylene and polyethylene films) and turns them into clean, contaminant-free film pieces that can be used to produce high-quality PP / PE granules in the pelletizing process. The pellets produced can then be used to manufacture new plastic products.
To fully wash dirty or soiled PP / PE film, a series of recycling machinery must be used in a specific order. Our standard, high-efficiency PE film washing line offers the most effective way to clean plastic films and ranges from an input capacity of 500kg/h upwards to 3,000kg/h. The output capacity is dependant on the volume of contamination within the PE films you’re recycling. While our standard PE film washing line is sufficient for most facilities, custom setups with additional machinery and increased capacity can be designed for your specific needs. Please contact us for further information about custom projects. Below is a list recycling machinery used in our standard PE film washing line.
PE Film Washing Line Machinery
- Debaler Machine: An optional piece of machinery, our debaler machine can take full plastic film bales, compacted bundles, and break them loose into a free flowing stream. Once we “bust” the bales, the PE film can then move onto the next piece of machinery via a belt conveyor.
- Wet Granulator: A wet granulator cuts the PP / PE film into small pieces approximately 10-20mm in size. Since plastic film tend to stick together (imagine saran wrap) and long pieces of film easily tangles and clogs conveyors and rotary-based machinery, this is an essential step in washing plastic film. With water constantly injected into the cutting chamber, our wet granulation process also “pre-treats” and partially cleans the PP / PE film before moving onto the next piece of equipment. Learn more about our wet granulator.
- Single-Shaft Shredder: Another piece size reduction equipment that can be used in place or on top of a wet granulator. ASG’s single-shaft shredder offers the same, high performance cutting, however, with less noise and the ability to take in larger volumes of PE film with more leeway for contamination. Learn more about our single-shaft shredder.
- Friction Washer: A high-power washing machine, ASG’s friction washer spins at nearly 1,000 rotations per minute. As the PP / PE films enters the friction washer, the plastic film rubs against each other at high speeds getting rid of hard to remove contamination. At the same time, any paper and cardboard is broken down into fibers and removed. While one friction washer is standard, various washing plants have requested a secondary friction washer to ensure thorough cleanliness. Learn more about our friction washer.
- Sink / float Separation Tank: Using water as a medium, materials that float are separated from materials that sink. In the case of PP / PE film recycling, this type of plastic film will float while heavier contamination (such as dirt, sand, glass, metals, other plastics) will sink. A screw conveyor at the bottom of the sink/float separation tank will constantly remove the contamination where it is stored for future removal. While separation is one aspect of this apparatus, a secondary function is to further clean the PE film. Learn more about our sink / float separation tank.
- Dewatering Machine: The first step in the drying process, our dewatering machine uses centrifugal force to remove a large portion of water within the PP / PE film before moving forward onto the thermal dryers. As thermal dryers use heat to dehydrate water, it requires more energy consumption during operation. Hence, the use of the dewatering machine is beneficial in savings for long run operations costs (mainly electricity consumption). Learn more about our dewatering machine.
- Screw Press Dewatering Machine: An optional piece of equipment, the screw press dewatering machine is a more advance version of ASG’s standard dewatering machine. Instead of using centrifugal force to remove water from the PP/PE film, the screw press squeezes the water out via high pressure. This machine can take the place of both the dewatering machine and thermal dryers. Learn more about our screw press dewatering machine.
- Thermal Dryer + Cyclone Separator: The clean PP / PE film is vacuumed out of the dewatering machine where it’ll travel down a series of stainless steel tubes where the plastic film will mix with hot air. The remaining moisture is dehydrated in this process which ends with a cyclone separator. The cyclone separator allow the PE film to mix with a fresh stream of cold air which prepares it for storage into the product silo. The cyclone separator is also effective in removing fines and such dust. Learn more about our thermal dryer and cyclone separator.
- Product Silo: A storage tank for the clean, dry pieces of PP or PE film.
- Pelletizer / Extruder: ASG Recycling offers both single-screw extruders and twin-screw extruders. Based on your requirements, we offer both one-stage and double-stage pelletizing setups where granules can be formed using a granulator or water-ring cutting.
Models & Specifications
|Input Capacity||500 kg/h||1000 kg/h||1500 kg/h||2000 kg/h||3000 kg/h|
|Required Space [LxWxH]||42mx15mx6m||50mx15mx6m||60mx25mx6m||80mx30mx6m||80mx40mx6m|
|Operators||2-3 people||3-5 people||4-6 people||4-6 people||7-9 people|
|Water Circulation (T/H)||2||3||3||4||5|
Custom PE Film Washing Lines
ASG’s washing line produces high-quality PE film that are not only clean, but are also contamination free. In order to continually improve our washing equipment, we constantly seek customer feedback as well as request samples of cleaned PE film from customers using our washing lines. The samples are then sent to our laboratories for testing.
Depending on contaminants within the PP / PE film bales, additional equipment maybe required such as a separation table for manual sorting, metal detectors and removal, sand remover, and more. ASG offers custom tailored PE film washing lines based on your specifications. Let us know your needs including capacity, type of plastic film and how it is packaged, and types of contaminants you are expecting and let our professional team of engineers handle the rest.
Below are some pictures of a washing plant we are manufacturing for a client in the United States.
Contact us for additional pictures of various washing plants around the world that are using ASG’s equipment.
Warranty & Installation
The entire PE film washing line is controlled via a central electric control panel and cabinet. Each piece of equipment is connected using conveyors. All products come with detailed operation instructions as well as an installation guide. A list of required replacement parts will also be provided. All ASG Recycling machinery are well documented and come with a 1 year limited warranty.
ASG Recycling also offers an installation package where our engineers can travel to your facility and install the washing line for you. Routine maintenance teams as well as operations consultants can also be arranged to ensure your PE film recycling plant runs smoothly year and year.
Place An Order
The general lead time for all single-piece, standard equipment orders is 30 days. For custom orders or complete washing lines, the lead time is between 60 – 90 days. The actual lead time will depend heavily on the complexity of the project as well as the amount of machinery we have in queue at the time of your order.